Sunday, March 25, 2012

my modified life

so, I wanted a job...

ask the Universe, the Universe shall give.

yesterday, I received a response to one of my job inquiries about a virtual teaching job.

I know I am quite qualified for this job.  I have taught my own classes before.

some really tough kids.  and others, too.  I've been asked back by two school districts after doing leave replacements, so I know I've done a good job in the past.  parents also liked me.  so did the kids.

I've done well on interviews in the past, too.  some have lasted a long time because we talked like we were old friends.

yet yesterday, I was nervous as hell.  I felt like I couldn't remember anything.  I kept apologizing to the woman. it was stupid.

I have years of experience.  I know so much.  yet I can't get it from my head to my mouth.  I hate this.

anyway.

apparently, I said enough intelligent things to pass the interview because I was offered the job.  naturally, I took it.

the pay is decent.  of course, I still won't be leaving my house, still won't be interacting with anyone else but the kids I see on my computer screen, still won't be driving.

but I'll be making a difference, finally.

financially, educationally, morally, intellectually.

it's a start.




No comments:

Post a Comment