Friday, August 9, 2019

And the world still rocks

I had vestibular therapy today. I’d like to say it was an enjoyable experience but that would be a lie. It was, well, it was torture if I’m going to be honest, and I have made it a point to be honest on this blog.

I had to do all kinds of standing on one leg things. I felt simultaneously like the floor was rushing up at me and that I was rocking on a boat in a storm. Over and over again. As you can imagine, it was not easy and I was relieved when it was finally over.

Until she did that making me lay down really fast while turning my head thing. My eyes fluttered for about two minutes (she told me) when we went to the right and about a minute when we went to the left. After that, I was pretty much done FOR THE REST OF THE DAY!

I’ve been home for hours and my vestibular system is still super irritated. I can barely move my head without waves of horrendous dizziness rushing over me. Walking is horrible. Still, I know I’ve had it much worse and that’s what drives me to know it will get better. I’m just getting a little impatient.


No comments:

Post a Comment