Tuesday, August 6, 2019

Vestibular Therapy

I went to my first session of vestibular therapy yesterday. Let’s just say it wasn’t what I had hoped.

The therapist moved my head around and watched my eyes move around and kept commenting on how extreme my reaction was and how severe my balance issues were. She also had me do a couple of things like stand on one foot (ha ha) and turn around really fast (and I hit the floor).

All I kept thinking was I’m glad I am going now when it’s not as bad as other times. What would she have said the first time I had it?

In any case, she made me get a walker, which I thought was a good idea. I was able to borrow one from a neighborhood lending closet. I also picked up a shower stool because showering is scary, I won’t lie.

I’m afraid people won’t understand how I’m suddenly so sick. To be honest, I don’t understand it. I’d really love to know what exactly brings on these episodes.

That’s it for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment