Sunday, August 4, 2019

What comes around..

It’s back.

After 6? 7 years, my good buddy dizziness has decided to come for a visit.

I guess I can’t complain. I’ve had a good run.

I’ve been driving (except at night, but that’s because I have poor night vision).

I’ve been working. Full time. More than full time because I took additional jobs on top of my full time job.

I wasn’t completely clear-headed in all of that time, but I had learned to function just fine. No sudden head movements. No roller coasters and the like (I tested that once and regretted it for days).

Then, I had some random itching on the outside of my ears. They got hot and swollen. After a few days of that, the dizziness hit and it’s been hanging around ever since. I was in the hospital a few days with it. The neurologist I saw there said the swelling probably went into my inner ear and messed things up. He said such swelling could be on the microscopic level and be enough to throw off my balance. Awesome.

I’ve been off from work a week and it’s boring. I’m set to start vestibular therapy tomorrow.

One big difference between this time and the others: I’m not afraid and I’m not searching for answers. I know what it is and I know it can go away. It has before. It’s also been so much worse. So, I have nothing to be afraid of. It’s just not a super-fun way to spend time off.

Will update after vestibular therapy.

No comments:

Post a Comment