Sunday, August 11, 2019

Vertigo is a liar

Being dizzy warrants a great deal of laying-down time.

Pretty much all day, every day.

With something supporting your neck and head.

And then, for the most part, you feel “normal.”

Even guilty. Like hey, I’m not really sick. I’m feeling just fine now.

So you get up. And you remember.

Sometimes, vertigo lies long enough for you to actually do a life task. Like do the dishes or cook a meal. Or, God forbid, take a shower.

But it always reminds you. It’s still around. And it will rock your world and pull you to the floor and make you wish you never got out of bed.

You’d think this being my fourth? fifth? time at the rodeo that I would be wise to vertigo’s tricks, but I actually think it’s worse because I’m just impatient for it to get better. Those other times I was hopeless and was sure it would last forever and now I just want to get on with my life. I miss my job and my friends and driving and not friggin being dizzy!

Vertigo, you have made your point. You’re chronic. I get it. Go away now. I’m getting bored being home.

No comments:

Post a Comment