Thursday, August 22, 2019

Vestibular Therapy Today

Had my bi-weekly torture session otherwise known as vestibular therapy.

I guess “torture” is a strong word. But it is very difficult and makes me super dizzy and leaves me exhausted.

They stepped things up, too, having me do exercises on a balance board. It’s just what it sounds like. A wobbly board you are supposed to balance on.

They also did other head positioning moves which create endless dizziness and nystagmus.

I talked to both therapists who have worked with me about my neurologist visit. They were both surprised and angry. They acknowledged these symptoms were not consistent with something psychosomatic.

For example, I had to use the exercise bike. As I was pedaling, my right foot kind of arched and pointed. I could not get it to stop and pedal normally.

I’m trying to not obsess about all this but it’s hard when you don’t have answers.



No comments:

Post a Comment