Saturday, April 28, 2012

disturbing development

so, I'm supposed to be exercising.

I thought I'd do that yesterday, make a real good effort.

I went through my CD's and put in the Scorpion King Soundtrack and started stretching.  so far so good.

then crunches...no problem.  then, I was really getting into it, and decided to do aerobics.

I figured that, in order to avoid vertigo, I would do whatever exercises I used to do standing, while lying down.

made sense to me.

so I started moving my arms and legs around to try to get my heart rate up.

then, it hit me.

a wave of dizziness like I'm not used to.

this was not regular vertigo.  this was different.  like I felt like oxygen was being cut off from my brain.

yes, I know what that feels like.  and it felt like that.

I lay on the floor, waiting for it to pass, wondering what the hell is going on with my body.

why did these motions bring on this particular reaction?

was it the movements of my arms?  or the bringing up of my heart rate?

I had to know.  so I did it again.


after less than a minute, I had the same reaction, only far worse.

I thought for sure someone would find me dead on the floor.

I lay there unable to move for at least a song and a half.  that would be, what, 5, 6 minutes?

I never completely lost consciousness, I don't think.  almost though.

I thought of calling my partner and telling her to come home.  but I figured, why?  what's anyone going to do about this?  I also thought about calling the neurologist but vetoed that idea as well.  I'm going to physical therapy on Monday.  I figure I'll talk to Stacy about it.  hopefully I can get my point across to her about how this went down and she can tell me what to do next.

I have to admit, this has me a little shaken.  I mean, deep down inside, I honestly don't worry about my health because I figure what will be will be but in the end, I just want to get better however;

this now leads me in another direction.

I always figured whatever is "wrong" with me is basically this vertigo crap along with a bunch of arthritis and, yeah, the fibromyalgia, and, while it is all aggravating and tiring and painful, none of it is life-threatening.

but what the hell is THIS??




No comments:

Post a Comment