Monday, April 2, 2012

When It's Dark Enough...

Health Activist Prompt:


Quotation Inspiration. Find a quote that inspires you (either positively or negatively) and free write about it for 15 minutes.


"When It's Dark Enough, You Can See the Stars..." - Ralph Waldo Emmerson





Why does this quote inspire me?  Because, the way I see it, it has been dark enough.  Too dark.  Many times over.  But I know I have two choices: give in to the dark or look for the stars.  I choose to look for the stars.

Not gonna lie.  It's not easy.  Sometimes I need reminders about the stars.  I have stumbled around in the blackness and thought I was blind forever.

When weeks turned into months and my feet kept giving out from under me and my head kept buzzing, I saw no stars.

When nobody had answers for why I was as sick as I was, and I sank into depression, my world was dark.

I feel like I've traveled thousands of miles with a candle in a windstorm just to get where I am today, holding a penlight in the middle of the Grand Canyon.

At least I can see the stars out here.









1 comment: